Learn how to make a delicious seven-layer dip using the following ingredients.
You will need
- oz A 16-ounce can of refried beans
- c 2 c. shredded cheese
- like cheddar or Monterey Jack
- c 2 c. guacamole
- oz A 16-ounce container of sour cream
- oz A 16-ounce jar of chunky salsa
- 1/2 head of shredded iceberg lettuce
- c 1/3 c. each of chopped black olives
- green onions
- and jalapeu00f1o peppers
- Tortilla chips
- A 13- x 9-inch microwave-safe glass baking dish or deep pie pan
- An envelope of taco seasoning (optional) (optional)
Step 1 Spread the beans Spread the refried beans into an even layer on the bottom of the dish.
To add a little zip, mix some taco seasoning into the beans before you spread them.
Step 2 Top with cheese Add a layer of cheese.
Before adding the cheese, microwave the beans in 45-second increments, stirring between each, until heated all the way through. The hot beans will melt the cheese.
Step 3 Pour on the guacamole Pour on the guacamole and spread it into an even layer.
Step 4 Add the sour cream Spread the sour cream on top of the guacamole.
Step 5 Pour on the salsa Pour the salsa on top.
Step 6 Add the lettuce Cover the salsa with lettuce.
Step 7 Spice it up Sprinkle the onions, olives, and jalapeños on top of the sour cream.
Step 8 Serve with chip Serve with tortilla chips.
Over 14,500 tons of chips are consumed in the U.S. during football’s biggest game of the year.