Up next in Cookie Recipes (10 videos)
Add some new cookie recipes to your repertoire with the baking tutorials in this Howcast video series.
You Will Need
- Nonstick cooking spray
- One and one half sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- One and one half c. light brown sugar
- Two eggs at room temperature
- Two tsp. vanilla extract
- One and one half c. flour
- One half tsp. baking soda
- One half tsp. salt
- One tsp. ground cinnamon
- Two and one half c. rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- Three-quarters c. raisins
- Two cookie sheets
- Two bowls
- A whisk
- An electric mixer (optional)
- Three-quarters c. chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, spray the cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix butter and sugar
In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar together with a fork or an electric mixer until it's well mixed and fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla
Add the egg and vanilla and mix well with a whisk or electric mixer to combine.
Whisk dry ingredients
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Finish the batter
Add the flour mixture little by little to the butter and sugar, combining thoroughly before adding more flour mixture. Then, stir in the oats, raisins, and nuts, if using. Mix until just combined.
Drop onto cookie sheet
Drop spoonfuls of the batter 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets, and press them down slightly with the back of the spoon. Bake them until they're golden, about 10 to 12 minutes, and let them cool on the cookie sheets before eating.