You Will Need
- Two resealable plastic bags
- one gal.-sized and one qt.-sized
- 1/2 c. reduced-fat or whole milk
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp. of sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract or 1 tbsp. of cocoa powder
- 2 trays of ice cubes
- 6 tbsp. salt
- Waterproof winter gloves
- Chocolate or butterscotch chips
- Flavored syrups
- Flavoring extracts
Put ingredients in smaller bag
Put the milk and sugar in the quart-sized bag and seal it. For vanilla ice cream, add vanilla extract; for chocolate ice cream, add cocoa powder. Throw in a quarter of a cup of chocolate or butterscotch chips if you like.
Make an ice bag
Put the ice and the salt in the gallon-sized bag.
Put small bag inside big one
Put the smaller bag inside the bigger bag and seal it.
Shake the larger bag vigorously for seven to 10 minutes.
Remove the small bag, which now contains ice cream. Snip a hole in the corner of the bag and squeeze it into a dish. Makes one serving.