Up next in Party Appetizers & Snack Foods (15 videos)
Get the party started right with these easy-to-prepare snacks and appetizers.
You Will Need
- Four medium garlic cloves
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- A loaf of Italian or French bread
- 4 tsp. garlic paste or 2 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan or Romano cheese
- grated (optional)
Preheat your broiler.
Prepare the garlic
Mince the garlic gloves with a knife or put them through a press, and then mash them with the side of a heavy knife blade until they are the consistency of paste.
Combine garlic and butter
Mix together the garlic, butter, oil, and parsley, if using, until smooth.
Spread on bread
Cut the bread in half, lengthwise, and spread the garlic-butter mixture on both halves.
Broil until golden brown, about five minutes.