Up next in Sandwich Recipes (7 videos)
Assembling meat, bread, and cheese is a recipe anyone can follow -- but here's how to take your sandwich making skills to the next level.
You Will Need
- ½ c. of water
- ¼ c. of sugar
- ¼ c. distilled white vinegar
- ½ c. julienned carrot
- ½ c. julienned Daikon radish
- Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 6 oz. ground pork
- 1 tbsp. roast pork seasoning mix
- Pinch garlic powder
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 4 10-inch baguettes
- 8 thin slices Vietnamese-style pork roll
- 8 slices salami, ham, or turkey
- 4 tsp.soy sauce
- ½ c. fresh cilantro sprigs
- ¼ medium English cucumber, cut lengthwise into 4 slices
- Ground chicken or turkey (optional)
- Fresh jalapeño slices (optional)
Make the slaw
Mix the water, sugar, and vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Mix in the carrots and the radish, season with salt, and set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
Prepare the seasoned pork
Warm the oil over medium heat in a small skillet, add the onion, and cook until the onion is soft. Add the pork, seasoning, garlic, and pepper, cook for 2 or 3 minutes, and remove from the heat.
Prepare the bread for the sandwiches
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and place the baguettes in the oven on a baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then take them out, slice them open, and spread on the mayonnaise.
Put together the sandwiches
Arrange the pork onto the baguettes. Then add the pork roll, salami, soy sauce, slaw, cilantro, cucumber, and jalapeno, if using. Enjoy immediately!