Up next in Healthy Recipes (22 videos)
Learn how to cook nutritious meals with the recipes in this Howcast video series.
You Will Need
- 1 16-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped plus 1 c. celery, sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 c. olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 basil leaves, shredded
- Juice from 3 lemons
- 3/8 tsp. pepper
- 3 tbsp. raisins
- 1 tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 small carrots, grated plus 1 c. carrots, sliced
- 1 tbsp. fat-free dressing
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 large potato, sliced into strips
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into strips
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 10.5-oz. can low sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 c. onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste, no salt added
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 10-oz. package frozen peas
- 3 1/2 c. turkey breast, chopped
Make a chickpea salad
Make a chickpea salad. Toss the chickpeas, chopped celery, tomatoes, scallions, olives, olive oil, fresh basil, lemon juice, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Serve the salad at room temperature.
Make a raisin and carrot salad
Make a raisin and carrot salad. Mix the raisins, yogurt, grated carrots, and fat-free dressing in a small bowl. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to let the flavors blend, and eat with pita bread or as a side salad.
Make oven fries
Make oven fries. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the canola oil, paprika, chili powder, and potatoes in a large bowl and toss. Place the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet for 25 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through. Remove them from the oven and sprinkle them with salt.
Make turkey tomato stew
Make turkey tomato stew. Add the sliced carrots and celery, chicken broth, canned tomatoes, onion, tomato paste, minced garlic, dried basil, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large pot. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Then add the peas and turkey, and simmer for 15 additional minutes. Divide leftovers into single-serving containers and store in the refrigerator or freezer.