Up next in How to Do Basic Exercises (31 videos)
Need to shape up? Get toned fast, and have fun doing it, with the basic exercises in this Howcast video series.
You Will Need
- 6 4-ft. x 1-in. diameter iron pipes with threaded ends
- 1 8-ft. x 1-in. diameter iron pipe with threaded ends
- 6 1-in. end caps
- 1-in. five-way threaded iron pipe junction
- 1-in. three-way threaded iron pipe junction
- Welding unit
- 2 2-in x 1/4-in. diameter iron rings
- Counterweights equal to the weight of your heavy bag
- Heavy bag
- Pipe wrench
Create the base
Create the base of the stand. Screw 4 of the 4-foot pipes into the 5-way pipe junction. Put an end cap on the open end of each of these pipes.
Add the 8-foot pipe
Screw the 8-foot pipe into the fifth slot of the 5-way splitter. Then attach the 3-way pipe junction to the other end of the 8-foot pipe.
Attach remaining pipes
Attach the remaining 4-foot pipes by screwing them into the 2 open slots of the 3-way splitter. Cap the remaining open ends of the pipes.
Weld the rings
Weld the two iron rings about 6 inches from the far ends of the 2 top pipes of the stand.
Hang bag and weights
Hang your heavy bag by the chain to one of rings on the upper pipes. Hang the counterweights the same way from the other welded ring.
Tighten it down
Tighten all the pipes with a pipe wrench until they are firmly secured to make sure your stand is strong and solid -- just like you'll be after your heavy bag workout.