- Step 1: Dress well Dress in clean, neat business clothes. You’ll immediately distinguish yourself from the 90 percent of flyers who have dressed for comfort—you know, the ones whose gnarly toes are sticking out of their flip-flops.
- Step 2: Wrangle a seat in First Class If at all possible, sit in First or Business Class; deserved or not, it immediately gives you credibility.
- TIP: A good way to sit in First Class without paying a fortune is to use your frequent-flyer miles for an upgrade.
- Step 3: Flash a winning smile Flash a winning smile at the target of your desire as you board and offer a sincere 'Hello.' Flight attendants are used to being ignored when they welcome passengers, so this will make you stand out as someone with manners.
- TIP: Hold eye contact for a second longer than normal; it’s been proven to unnerve people in a way that sexually excites them.
- Step 4: Decline the champagne Decline the champagne. Accepting a glass of bubbly upon boarding is for giddy novices.
- Step 5: Be chivalrous Look for an opportunity to show your chivalrous side. For example, you could jump up and help her as she struggles to hoist someone’s 200-pound carry-on into an overhead compartment.
- Step 6: Be unfailingly polite Be unfailingly polite throughout the flight—say 'please' and 'thank you' and don’t ring the bell unless you’re choking to death. The longer the flight goes on, the more she’ll be comparing you favorably to the regular pains-in-the-asses.
- TIP: Read something that makes you look intelligent and successful, and that invites conversation—like a manual that suggests you are learning to fly your own plane.
- Step 7: Ignore her Aside from when you are offering a heartfelt 'please' and 'thank you,' ignore her. You don’t want to be lumped in with all the leering lotharios and their cheesy come-ons.
- Step 8: Take out a business card When the captain instructs the flight crew to take their seats for landing, take out a business card and jot down a note to the effect of, 'Dear Sandy, I’d love to take you to [an expensive restaurant] for dinner one night.'
- Step 9: Slip her the card As she offers her 'buh-bye,' thank her for a wonderful flight as you smile, make eye contact, and slip her your card.
- Step 10: Save your money Start saving your money; you’ll need it for that pricey dinner when she phones.
- FACT: In a survey of professions that men find sexy, flight attendants came in third, after models and dancers.
You Will Need
- A business card