- Step 1: Have sex at 7 a.m. Have sex around 7 a.m., when testosterone levels are highest, making you friskier and more sensitive to touch.
- Step 2: Water the plants in the morning Water your garden in the early morning, or else the daytime heat will evaporate it before your plants get their fill. Plus, morning watering prevents fungus.
- Step 3: Shave at 8 a.m. Shave your legs or face around 8 a.m., when blood platelets are plentiful, meaning better clotting and less bleeding should you nick yourself.
- TIP: If you need to see a doctor, ask for the first appointment of the day. You won’t have to wait around, and the doctor will be refreshed.
- Step 4: Tackle big projects at 11 a.m. Tackle big projects around 11 a.m., when you’re most alert.
- Step 5: Take a cat nap at 1 p.m. If at all possible, sleep for 20 minutes sometime between 1 and 2 p.m. Your body temperature dips then, making it the ideal time to power nap.
- TIP: Schedule dental appointments for your lunch hour. Research shows that your tolerance for tooth pain is highest around 1 p.m., and that the dental painkiller lidocaine lasts longest when injected between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Step 6: Tackle housecleaning at 4 p.m. Clean the house at 4 p.m., when your hand-eye coordination is greatest and mood is elevated.
- Step 7: Enjoy a cocktail at 5:30 p.m. Have a drink at 5:30—that’s when your liver metabolizes alcohol most efficiently. No wonder they call it 'happy hour.'
- Step 8: Work out in the evening Schedule gym sessions between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.—that’s when body temperature warms up, making muscles more supple and less prone to injury.
- TIP: Weight training in particular is more effective in the evening. That’s when the body’s ratio of the hormones cortisol and testosterone is best for muscle building.
- Step 9: Buy shoes in the evening The end of the day is the best time to buy shoes, because early morning purchases don’t take into account the swelling that occurs during the day.
- Step 10: Send final emails before 8 p.m. Send your last important email of the day before 8 p.m. The top times to check email are 8 a.m., lunchtime, and 8 p.m., so if you miss the final cutoff, your email will likely wait until morning.
- TIP: If you take a daily aspirin, pop it at night, when it does less damage to the stomach lining and is better at reducing blood pressure.
- Step 11: Eat 3 hours before bed The best time for your bedtime snack is actually at least three hours before you go to sleep, so your body has time to digest the food.
- FACT: Relationship experts say that when men decide to marry, it’s 49% because it’s the right girl and 51% because it’s the right time.
You Will Need