- Step 1: Melt some chocolate Melt a 12-ounce bag of chocolate chips with two tablespoons of butter on the stove or in a microwave.
- TIP: Use any kind of chocolate you like—milk, white, semisweet, or bittersweet. For variety, make some batches with peanut-butter chips or butterscotch chips.
- Step 2: Add filling While the melted chocolate is still hot, stir in a two-cup combination of any or all of the following: raisins, chopped nuts, coconut flakes, puffed rice, and crumbled cookies.
- TIP: Save the crumbs at the bottom of your cookie jar for when you make these treats.
- Step 3: Make clusters Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto waxed paper.
- Step 4: Let them set Chill them until they’re firm, about two hours. You'll get about 20 cookies per batch.
- Step 5: Store properly Store in an airtight container.
- FACT: Chocolate wasn't sold in chip form until 1939. Before then, chocolate bars came with a small chopping tool.
You Will Need
- A microwave-safe dish
- One 12-ounce package of chocolate chips
- 2.0 tbsp butter
- Two-cup combo of raisins
- puffed rice
- & crumbled cookies
- Waxed paper
- Butterscotch or peanut-butter chips