- Step 1: Gather your friends Gather your friends in a circle about four to five feet across.
- Step 2: Serve the hackysack Serve the hackysack to any player by gently tossing it about waist high.
- TIP: Gather your friends Tip: Only the server can use his hands—and only when he serves the hackysack.
- Step 3: Don’t use your hands Keep the hackysack in the air using any part of the body but your arms or hands.
- TIP: Use your thigh, heel, inside of the foot, and forehead to keep it aloft.
- Step 4: Pass it on Pass the hackysack back and forth around the circle of players for as long as possible.
- Step 5: Don’t kill the hack If a player lets the hackysack hit the ground—or touches it with a hand or arm—it "kills" the hack, and game must be restarted.
- Step 6: Play until you’re tired Play until you tire of kicking the bag around.
- FACT: In 1997, Ted Martin set an individual hackysack record with 63,326 consecutive kicks.
You Will Need
- A hackysack
- Two or more friends