- Step 1: Chill a glass Chill a hurricane glass.
- TIP: No time to chill a glass in the freezer? Just throw a couple of ice cubes and some water in the glass for a quick cool down.
- Step 2: Add the rum Add one ounce of dark rum and one ounce of light rum to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Step 3: Add the juice Add a tablespoon of passion fruit syrup and two teaspoons of lime juice to the shaker.
- Step 4: Shake Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds.
- Step 5: Strain Strain the contents of the shaker into a chilled hurricane glass—and be prepared to be blown away!
- FACT: The hurricane is said to have been invented during World War II by a New Orleans bartender; looking to get rid of a surplus of rum, he mixed up the drink in a hurricane lamp-shaped glass.
You Will Need
- 1 oz. dark rum
- 1 oz. light rum
- 1 tbsp. passion fruit syrup
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- Cocktail shaker
- Hurricane glass