- Step 1: Cut a star Draw a star on one side of your contact paper—since you’ll remove this backing in a minute, any lines or mistakes that you make won’t matter. When the star looks like you want it to, cut it out.
- TIP: You can cut contact paper into any shape you want, like a cloud to be covered in fluffy white tissue paper or a red Valentine’s Day heart.
- Step 2: Cover cardboard Remove one side from your contact paper star and stick to a piece of cardboard.
- Step 3: Cut cardboard Now cut the cardboard to match the star, so no brown is showing.
- Step 4: Cut squares Cut one-inch squares of tissue paper. It's okay if they're a little bigger or smaller.
- Step 5: Crumple squares Crumple up each square.
- Step 6: Peel backing Peel the remaining backing from the star and set it down, sticky side up.
- Step 7: Attach crumples Start sticking the crumples on the contact paper, putting them very close together so the contact paper doesn’t show. Cover the entire thing—then turn your bedroom ceiling into one starry night.
- FACT: Van Gogh’s 'Starry Night' was painted in France in 1889 and can be seen at New York’s Museum of Modern Art.
You Will Need
- Double-sided contact paper
- Tissue paper