- Step 1: Chill the beer Chill the Guinness to 38 to 42 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2: Ready a glass Get out a 20-ounce tulip pint glass and hold it at a 45-degree angle.
- Step 3: Pour Slowly pour the Guinness into the glass until it is three-quarters full.
- TIP: If you are tapping the beef from a keg, do not let the tap touch the glass.
- Step 4: Let the beer sit Let the beer sit until the pale foam turns black. This can take a couple of minutes.
- Step 5: Top it off Top off the glass until the beer reaches the brim.
- TIP: If you ever order a Guinness and get a glass full of foam, send it back!
- Step 6: Wait Wait until all the bubbles have risen and the stout is a clear, dark-brown color before drinking.
- FACT: According to Guinness brewmaster Fergal Murray, the perfect Guinness pour should take 119.5 seconds.
You Will Need
- Guinness Stout
- A 20-ounce tulip pint glass