- Step 1: Fold your papers Fold each piece of paper diagonally in half. Fold it in half again to make a triangle. Unfold the paper.
- Step 2: Cut the papers Using your scissors, cut each piece of paper along one of the fold lines, so that you've cut from the edge of the paper through to the center.
- Step 3: Attach the papers to each other Slide the cut edges of the papers together so they meet in the middle. Staple the papers together along the cut edges.
- Step 4: Refold the papers Flatten the papers, and refold them along the original creases. Fold them in half again to make a triangle.
- Step 5: Trim the papers Using your scissors, trim wedges from the papers.
- TIP: Do not cut off any of the stapled edges or the corner where the papers meet.
- Step 6: Unfold and decorate Unfold your snowflake. If you'd like, staple on small bunches of iridescent cellophane. You can also glue on some glitter for extra sparkle, but make sure you give it time to dry.
- Step 7: Hang your snowflake Attach a loop of string to one of the stapled edges, and hang up your snowflake for all to see!
- FACT: A 2006 museum exhibit showcased more than 75 of the intricate paper snowflakes of a retired Michigan doctor. One of the flakes, created in 1987, was crafted as a six-pointed "self-portrait."
You Will Need
- 2 8-by-8-inch pieces of white paper
- A pair of scissors
- A stapler
- Iridescent cellophane