- : Always consult a physician before attempting any exercise program.
- Step 1: Hold barbell across neck & shoulders Stand with your knees slightly bent and your feet shoulder width apart. Hold a barbell across your trapezius muscles—which connect your neck to your shoulders.
- TIP: To keep the bar steady and your back straight, squeeze your shoulder blades together, keep looking forward, and stick your butt out throughout the lift.
- Step 2: Bend forward Slowly bend forward from your hips while keeping your back straight until your back is parallel to the floor.
- TIP: Use your stomach muscles to help steady your torso.
- Step 3: Raise torso back upright Breathe out as you slowly raise your torso back upright.
- Step 4: Repeat until tired Repeat the lift until you're tired—but don't overdo it.
- FACT: You can start doing this lift with no bar and just your bodyweight by crossing your arms over your chest and going through the motion.
You Will Need