- Step 1: Chill glass Chill the martini glass by filling it with ice and water, and set it aside.
- Step 2: Fill w/ ice Fill the mixing glass with ice.
- Step 3: Add vodka & sake Add the vodka and sake.
- TIP: Storing your sake in the refrigerator can help preserve it for up to a year.
- Step 4: Shake Using the cocktail shaker as a lid for the mixing glass, shake vigorously for about 10 seconds.
- Step 5: Empty & wipe Empty the now chilled martini glass and quickly wipe the inside to remove any trace of moisture.
- Step 6: Strain Strain the contents of the shaker into the martini glass.
- Step 7: Garnish Garnish with an olive. Kampai!
- FACT: Although sake is referred to as a wine, it's actually closely related to beer since it's made from a grain—rice—rather than fruit.
You Will Need
- 2.5 oz vodka
- 0.5 oz sake
- A mixing glass
- A cocktail shaker
- A cocktail glass
- A clean napkin or cloth
- Japanese cucumber (optional)