- Step 1: Warm glass or mug Run hot water slowly over the glass or mug until it’s at room temperature, or warmer, and dry it.
- : Pouring hot coffee into a cold glass could cause the glass to crack.
- Step 2: Add brown sugar Add brown sugar.
- Step 3: Pour whiskey & coffee Pour in the whiskey and hot coffee, leaving a bit of room at the top for whipped cream.
- TIP: For a cold version of this, chill sweetened coffee before adding the whiskey, or freeze some in an ice cube tray.
- Step 4: Stir well Stir well, until the sugar to dissolves completely.
- Step 5: Add whipped cream Squirt or spoon a dollop of whipped cream so it simply sets on top of the drink.
- Step 6: Do not stir Do not stir—not only does the hot drink taste better sipped through the cream, it stays warmer longer with the cream on top.
- FACT: The drink Irish Coffee was devised in 1942 at an exclusive Irish airport to welcome American VIPs like Humphrey Bogart and Eleanor Roosevelt.
You Will Need
- 1 1/2 oz. Irish whiskey
- 6 oz. hot coffee
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- Whipped cream
- A stemmed glass coffee mug or a regular coffee mug
- A spoon
- A measuring jigger