- Step 1: Lie on back Lie down flat on your back on the floor.
- Step 2: Place hands behind you Place your hands behind you, just above your glutes for support.
- Step 3: Lift legs off ground Lift your straightened legs off the ground about 6 to 8 inches.
- Step 4: Return to original position Return them slowly down to the original position—but do not rest them on the ground.
- Step 5: Repeat Repeat, holding at both the top and the bottom for a few seconds.
- TIP: You can do this with both legs or one leg at a time.
- Step 6: Don't overdo it Don't overdo it. Work up to 15 or 20 reps over the course of a few weeks. Then add multiple sets.
- FACT: Bill Kathan broke the world record for leg lifts in July 2002, when he did 24,630 in six hours.
You Will Need
- A mat or some clean floor space
- Leg warmers