- Step 1: Comb your hair Comb your hair to get out any tangles.
- Step 2: Make a middle part Make a middle part.
- Step 3: Section off some hair On the right side of the head, take a piece of hair about an inch thick, at your eye line, and divide it into three sections.
- Step 4: Braid it back Braid it toward the back of your head, until you reach the middle of your head. Secure it there with a bobby pin.
- Step 5: Repeat Repeat with an inch-thick section of hair from the left side, securing the braid with a bobby pin.
- Step 6: Make a ponytail Join the two braids with the remaining hair and make a ponytail.
- Step 7: Make one big braid Turn the two braids and the remaining hair into one big braid.
- FACT: Researchers have linked braiding hair too tightly to hair loss in women and children, so go easy.
You Will Need
- At least medium-length hair
- A comb
- Bobby pins
- An elastic band