- Step 1: Put on gloves Put on disposable plastic gloves to protect your hands from the ink.
- Step 2: Remove empty ink cartridge Remove the empty ink cartridge from your inkjet printer.
- Step 3: Place on paper towels Place the empty cartridge on a bed of paper towels to catch spillage.
- Step 4: Follow instructions Follow the instructions included with your ink refill kit. Each type of ink cartridge has a different refill procedure, so make sure you read carefully.
- TIP: Regardless of the type of ink cartridge, handle it with care. You can easily damage the cartridge, resulting in leaks that render it useless.
- Step 5: Blot print head After completing the refill procedure, use a folded paper towel to carefully blot—not wipe or rub—the print head at the bottom of the cartridge. Do this until it stops bleeding.
- TIP: Extend the life of your printer by following the cleaning and priming cycles specified for your model.
- Step 6: Install ink cartridge Install the ink cartridge in your printer according to the directions.
- Step 7: Print something Print something immediately to get the ink flowing. Print several test pages, preferably ones with many different colors.
- FACT: Manufacturers of inkjet printers make more from the sale of replacement ink cartridges than they do from the sale of their printers.
You Will Need
- Disposable plastic gloves
- An ink refill kit
- And some paper towels