- Step 1: Wash and cut lime Wash the lime and slice it into wedges.
- Step 2: Muddle the sugar and limes Add the lime wedges and a teaspoon of sugar to the glass. Muddle them thoroughly.
- TIP: A muddler is a fancy bar term for a blunt wooden object used to crush fruit. If you don’t have one, a pestle or wooden spoon will do.
- Step 3: Add cachaça and stir Add two ounces of cachaça, a Brazilian spirit distilled from sugarcane. Stir.
- Step 4: Add ice and stir Add ice and stir briskly. Now which way to the dance floor?
- FACT: The caipirinha began as a rural drink and comes from the Portuguese word for hillbilly.
You Will Need
- A whole lime
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 oz. cachau00e7a
- A tumbler
- A muddler