- Step 1: Comb your hair Comb your hair to remove any tangles.
- TIP: You’ll have an easier time working with hair if it hasn’t been washed for a day or two.
- Step 2: Make a side part Make a side part.
- Step 3: Take a small section Grab about two inches of hair from the front. Pull the rest of the hair back and put it in a ponytail so it doesn’t get in the way.
- Step 4: Divide hair into three sections Take the front hair you’ve separated from the rest and begin braiding it. Divide the hair into three equal sections and begin crossing one side over the middle, followed by the other side over the middle, and so on.
- Step 5: Anchor When you reach the end of the strand, secure the bottom with an elastic band, barrette, or both.
- FACT: Researchers have linked braiding hair too tightly with hair loss in women and children. So go easy.
You Will Need
- A comb
- An elastic band or barrette