- Step 1: Comb your hair Comb through your hair to remove tangles.
- TIP: You’ll have an easier time working with hair if it hasn’t been washed for a day or two.
- Step 2: Part it Make a deep side part.
- Step 3: Grab two inches of hair Take a strand of hair about two inches thick from the front of your head, on the side of the part with more hair. Pull it taut, and divide it into three even sections.
- Step 4: Begin braiding Begin braiding: Pull one of the outside sections over the middle section of hair, and then pull the opposite outside section over the middle section of hair. Continue alternating outside sections over the middle section.
- Step 5: Grab as you go As you braid your hair, keep incorporating hair from underneath the braid. Continue braiding until you reach the back of your head. Temporarily secure the braid with a bobby pin.
- Step 6: Braid the other side In the same way, braid a strand on the other side of the part until it meets the first braid in the back.
- Step 7: Connect the two braids Connect the two braids into a ponytail, braid them with any remaining pieces of hair, tuck them under, and secure with bobby pins.
- FACT: Thirty-eight percent of women say they’d rather be late for an important meeting than show up with bad hair.
You Will Need
- Long hair
- Elastic bands
- Bobby pins