- Step 1: Divide into teams Divide the number of players evenly into two teams and line them up along the table.
- : Do not play flipcup in your mother's formal dining room. The table—and the floor—are going to get wet.
- Step 2: Fill cups w/ beer Place a cup in front of each player and fill it about a 1/3 of the way with beer. Everyone should have the exact same amount.
- Step 3: First member chugs beer Starting at one end of the table, the first member of each team chugs his beer.
- Step 4: Player tries to flip cup As soon as the cup is empty, the player puts it face up on the edge of the table and—using only one hand—tries to flip it over so it lands face down.
- TIP: Make sure a little bit of the cup is hanging off the end of the table.
- Step 5: Take turns Once a player has successfully flipped his cup, the player next to him can begin his turn—and so on down the line.
- Step 6: Winner The first team to flip all the cups is the winner. The prize? Well, flipcup virtue is its own reward.
- FACT: Flip Cup is a part of the invitation-only Beer Olympics, held annually in Illinois.
You Will Need
- At least six players
- One 12 oz. plastic cup per player
- A long table you can trash
- Plenty of beer