- Step 1: Lengthen stride & bend knees As you begin running downhill, lengthen your stride, bending more at the knees with every foot plant while making sure you land on the middle of your foot.
- Step 2: Let gravity pull you Let gravity pull you down the hill.
- TIP: Don't lean back. You'll slow yourself down.
- Step 3: Lean slightly forward Lean slightly forward as you flow down the hill to keep your momentum going.
- Step 4: Gloat a little Gloat a little as you sail by all the people who passed you on the way up the hill.
- FACT: The course for the Tucson Marathon runs entirely downhill.
You Will Need
- Properly fitted running shoes
- Running socks
- And comfortable
- supportive athletic clothing