- : Check with your doctor before embarking on any quick weight-loss technique. Losing too much weight too fast can be dangerous.
- Step 1: Get rid of the bloat Get rid of the bloat. Four days before the big event, stop eating foods that encourage your body to retain water, like salt, white bread, and pasta, and foods that cause gas, like broccoli and cauliflower. And stay away from coffee, tea, alcohol, and carbonated beverages, which also can cause bloating by irritating your gastrointestinal tract.
- TIP: Don’t chew gum—it makes you swallow air, which then gets trapped in your tummy, causing it to swell.
- Step 2: Get cleaned out On the morning of your event, get a colonic irrigation. Some people are as much as seven pounds lighter afterward.
- TIP: Some stars book themselves into a spa before the Oscars for a week of juice fasting and daily colonics.
- Step 3: Drain your face Go for a facial—but not just any kind. Have one that includes a lymphatic-drainage massage, which will draw fluid and trace toxins out of your face, and puffiness along with it.
- Step 4: Wrap it up Have a body wrap. The secret of many A-list stars, it can make you a whole size smaller—for your special night, anyway—by ridding your body of water weight and tightening the skin.
- Step 5: Pack it in Add some insurance by wearing one of the many body-slimming undergarments on the market. That way, even if you abuse the canapes, you’ll still be safe!
- FACT: Some slimming undergarments are made of a fabric that, with repeated wearing, supposedly reduces cellulite!
You Will Need
- An anti-bloat mini-diet
- A colonic irrigation
- A lymphatic-drainage massage
- A slenderizing body wrap
- Body-slimming undergarments