- Step 1: Check if your item is made of finished leather. To check if your item is made of finished leather, lightly scratch it in an inconspicuous place—if the scratch is roughly the same color as its surroundings, it's finished leather.
- : Make sure your product is made of finished leather before proceeding. If it's not, it can't be cleaned in this fashion.
- Step 2: Mix water & soap Mix together the water and mild soap in the bowl.
- Step 3: Rub spots Dip a cloth into the solution, and gently rub any nicks, spots or stains.
- TIP: To make sure your cleaning material won't change the color or look of your leather, test it first in an inconspicuous place.
- Step 4: Clean entire item Now clean the entire item with the mild soap and water, using another cloth.
- Step 5: Wipe down Wipe down the entire surface with a slightly damp cloth.
- Step 6: Dry item Dry the item thoroughly with clean, dry cloths and voilà—good as new.
- FACT: Actor Ricardo Montalban made the phrase 'rich, Corinthian leather' famous while hawking the 1976 Chrysler Cordoba in a TV commercial.
You Will Need
- Several clean
- dry cloths
- A medium-sized bowl
- A mild liquid soap
- And some water