- Step 1: Smile Begin with a bright smile—one that comes from your eyes as well as your lips.
- Step 2: Say hello & ask question Say hello and then ask a question that requires more than a "yes" or "no" answer. For example, "What do you think of the band?" or "Where are we, anyway?"
- TIP: Forget cheesy pick-up lines. According to one study, a simple "Hi" is the most successful opening line.
- Step 3: Keep conversation light Keep the conversation light. The object is to banter, not get bogged down in a serious discussion.
- Step 4: Fiddle a little Fiddle a little—with your hair, your jewelry, your clothing. People do this subconsciously when they are attracted to someone. Doing it intentionally excites the other person by subliminally telegraphing your interest.
- Step 5: Be funny Put a fun spin on whatever you say. Everyone is attracted to a person with a good sense of humor.
- TIP: Don't break eye contact, unless the person is showing you something. Someone who can't take their eyes off you is very intriguing.
- Step 6: Lean in Lean in as the person talks. It will make him or her feel fascinating—and find you fascinating in return.
- TIP: Not sure the person you're flirting with is interested? Look at his or her feet. If they're pointing in your direction, you're scoring!
- Step 7: Touch person lightly Touch the person lightly on his arm or hand to create a little sexual tension. Just keep it above the belt!
- Step 8: Give hug or peck When it's time to go, give a brief hug or a peck on the cheek to convey warmth and reinforce your interest. Happy hunting!
- FACT: According to one study, winking, smiling, and making eye contact are the three most successful flirting techniques.
You Will Need
- A positive attitude
- A healthy dose of self-confidence