- Step 1: Spread scarf Spread a square scarf on flat surface so that it is in the shape of a diamond.
- Step 2: Bring bottom point up Fold the scarf over, bringing the bottom point toward the top point, stopping just above the middle of the scarf.
- TIP: When ironing a scarf, always use the lowest setting.
- Step 3: Bring top point down Fold the scarf again, this time bringing the top point down to the straight, closed end of the scarf.
- Step 4: Fold bottom edge up Fold the bottom edge up again, so that it is in line with the scarf points to the left and right.01:00:38;07
- Step 5: Fold top edge down Fold the top edge down so that it now lies directly along the bottom edge.01:00:44;14
- Step 6: Fold entire scarf Fold the entire scarf once more, lengthwise.01:00:50;01
- Step 7: Thread through belt loops Taking care not to twist it, thread the scarf through your belt loops, starting at the back.
- Step 8: Double knot ends Double knot the ends at the hip.
- FACT: Rock star Steven Tyler invented the boho-chic look when he regularly sported a macram
You Will Need
- A square scarf
- A flat surface