- Step 1: Read directions Read the silver cleaner's packaging and follow those directions if they vary from these.
- Step 2: Rinse silver Rinse the silver item in warm water.
- Step 3: Spread paste Put a dab of silver cleaning paste onto a soft cloth and spread it over the surface of the item.
- TIP: If the item is large, polish it in sections.
- Step 4: Don't overpolish Rub the silver just until tarnish disappears—don't overpolish or you'll remove the item's finish.
- TIP: Clean the hard-to-reach places with an old natural-bristle toothbrush and a little cleaning paste.
- Step 5: Rinse silver again Rinse the silver in warm water again.
- Step 6: Dry item Dry your shiny silver item thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
- FACT: Silver is the best electrical conductor of all metals—and tarnish does not affect its performance.
You Will Need
- A sink or a basin of warm water
- A soft
- clean cloth
- Non-abrasive silver cleaning paste
- An old
- natural-bristle toothbrush