- Step 1: Decide if he’s worth it Decide if he’s worth it. If he’s not in the running for a long-term commitment, let another girl deal with the problem.
- Step 2: Compliment him Take a cue from journalists, who lob softballs at interview subjects before throwing them a curve. Start with a compliment about his technique—surely you can find something good about it—before moving on to the problem.
- TIP: If you honestly can’t find anything positive to say about his kisses, tell him he has soft lips.
- Step 3: Soften the blow Here’s a linguistic trick. Don’t say, 'You have such soft lips, but I wish you wouldn’t give such wet kisses.' He’ll forget the compliment. Instead, seductively coo, 'You have such soft lips, and I’d love it if your kisses weren’t quite so wet.'
- Step 4: Show him Show him how you want to be kissed. It will be more fun, less humiliating, and infinitely more effective than asking him to stop lapping your face like a dog.
- Step 5: Take some blame Take some blame by saying 'we' need to work on our kissing.
- Step 6: Know when to say when If you’ve told him nicely and shown him seductively and he’s still grossing you out, reconsider. Kissing poorly is bad enough, but being a bad listener—or just plain stupid—might mean he’s not the guy you thought he was!
- FACT: As early as 1500 BC, Sanskrit texts from India depicted tongue kisses and their effects on young maidens.
You Will Need