- Step 1: Eat half Eat half as much as normal every other day. A University of California at Berkeley study found that this simple trick helps the body break down fats and shrinks fat cells.
- Step 2: Flatten your belly Try the Flat Belly Diet, which is based on eating foods high in monounsaturated fatty acids, like nuts, avocadoes, and olives, at every meal. Research suggests they can help people lose weight, especially around the middle. The diet also encourages exercise and limits daily calories to 1,600.
- Step 3: Slim hips and thighs See if you can stick with the Gi Hip and Thigh Diet. Created by British diet guru Rosemary Conley, its premise is simple -- limit breakfast to 200 calories, lunch to 300, and dinner to 400.
- TIP: Fasting one day a month won’t just save you some calories--it’s been shown to cut the risk of heart disease by up to 40%!
- Step 4: Play video games Play more video games that require movement, like Dance Dance Revolution and Wii Sports. A British study found that playing the latter an average of 12 hours per week could burn more than 1,800 calories.
- Step 5: Be a skinny bitch Follow the Skinny Bitch plan by eliminating sugar, dairy, white flour, coffee, diet drinks, soda, and artificial sweeteners from your diet. Oh, and you have to exercise, too. Posh Spice has been seen toting this diet book.
- TIP: Set goals when you diet. A study reported in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association found that doing so increases your chance of losing weight by a whopping 84%.
- Step 6: Toss the snacks Get rid of cravings by tossing out all snacks -- that’s the thinking behind the No-Crave Diet, which advocates three meals a day, no munching in between.
- Step 7: Drink tea Drink tea -- lots of it. According to the Ultimate Tea Diet, it will help you shed pounds faster than you can say 'milk or lemon' by suppressing appetite, cutting sugar cravings, and promoting thermogenesis, the process by which the body generates heat by raising metabolism.
- Step 8: Fill up faster Fill up faster by taking glucomannan, a fiber supplement made from yams that absorbs water in your stomach, making you feel stuffed. One study showed that glucomannan led to significant weight and fat loss -- and trimmed waists -- especially for a control group who exercised as well.
- FACT: Overweight women who ate eggs for breakfast lost twice as much weight as overweight women who ate bagels, according to a study from Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
You Will Need
- Monounsaturated fats
- Video games
- The dietary supplement glucomannan