- Step 1: Comb it through Comb the hair to untangle any knots.
- TIP: You’ll have an easier time working with hair if it hasn’t been washed for a day or two.
- Step 2: Make a side part Part your hair on one side.
- Step 3: Twist the hair On the side of the part with more hair, separate a one-inch piece of hair from the front, and gently start twisting it from the base of the head. Secure the hair to the head with a bobby pin every inch or so, as you work your way from the front to the back of the head.
- TIP: Point the pins down so they’ll be hidden underneath the hair.
- Step 4: Incorporate more hair When you reach the top of the ear, start incorporating pieces of hair from underneath the piece you are working with.
- Step 5: Secure one side When you reach the nape of your neck, temporarily secure the hair with pins so you have both hands free for the other side.
- Step 6: Repeat Repeat twisting your hair on the other side of the part.
- Step 7: Gather the hair When the two sides meet at the nape of your neck, remove the bobby pins that were securing the first twist, and gather all of your hair in your hand at the nape of the neck, as if to tie a ponytail.
- Step 8: Let’s twist again Grab the bunch of hair at its end and twist, pulling it upwards as you do so. Keep twisting until the end is sticking straight up, and then secure the end to the top of the head with a bobby pin.
- Step 9: Tuck and roll Tuck the end down and under, and secure it by pinning bobby pins underneath the roll. Add flowers or a decorative comb if you like.
- FACT: The average woman spends 33 minutes a day washing, drying, and styling her hair.
You Will Need
- Medium-length hair
- A comb
- Bobby pins
- Flowers or a decorative comb