- Step 1: Buy fish oil supplement Purchase a fish oil supplement. Take the recommended dosage daily.
- TIP: Make sure to choose a pill that is certified to be mercury-free.
- Step 2: Eat fish Consume at least 2 to 3 servings of fish each week. Salmon, tuna, and trout are top choices because of their high protein and omega-3 content.
- Step 3: Sprinkle ground flax Sprinkle two tablespoons of ground flax on your morning cereal or spoon flax seed oil into your yogurt. You can also dress a salad with crushed walnuts for similar benefits.
- TIP: Flax, flax seed oil, and walnuts contain ALA, one of the three types of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Step 4: Look for omega-3-fortified foods For an added boost, look for omega-3-fortified foods, which are popping up on grocery shelves. Common options include, eggs, cereals, and pasta.
- Step 5: Enjoy Enjoy living a healthy, omega-3 fortified life.
- FACT: If you absolutely hate seafood, you don’t have to suffer for your health--many fish oil supplements are flavored lemon, peach, or orange.
You Will Need
- A fish oil supplement
- Ground flax
- Flax seed oil
- And some walnuts