- Step 1: Scoop in ice cream Scoop your ice cream into the blender--you’ll need four full scoops.
- TIP: If you have trouble dipping into hard ice cream, run your scoop under hot water to heat it up between scoops.
- Step 2: Pour in syrup and milk Pour the syrup and milk into the blender.
- TIP: Add complementary fruit to your shake, like real strawberries to strawberry ice cream, or bananas to chocolate ice cream.
- Step 3: Blend Put the top on the blender, and blend on medium speed until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Step 4: Pour Pour the milkshake into a large glass.
- TIP: If you added fruit to your shake, garnish the glass by hanging a piece on the rim.
- Step 5: Drink Drop in the straw, take your first big slurp. Then raise your glass to old-school ice cream drinks!
- FACT: In soda fountain parlance, a Black & White is a milkshake made with chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream.
You Will Need
- Ice cream
- Ice cream scoop
- 1-2 tbsp. flavored syrup
- 1/2 c. milk
- Large glass
- Hot water (optional)
- Fruit (optional)