- Step 1: Unscrew showerhead Gently unscrew the showerhead and remove it.
- TIP: If it won’t budge, make sure there are no small screws holding it in place.
- Step 2: Disassemble showerhead If your showerhead is made of more than one piece, take it apart.
- Step 3: Put pieces in bucket Place the pieces in the bucket or large bowl.
- Step 4: Cover in vinegar Pour the white vinegar over the parts until they are completely covered.
- Step 5: Soak Let the bucket or bowl sit for a few hours.
- TIP: Let your showerhead soak overnight -- or if you’re in a hurry, boil it for 15 minutes in a solution of one part vinegar to four parts water.
- Step 6: Scrub Scrub the pieces with an old toothbrush.
- Step 7: Clean holes Clean the holes of the showerhead with a toothpick.
- Step 8: Reassemble and reattach Put the pieces back together, reattach the showerhead, and run the shower to flush it clear. Soon you’ll be clean too!
- FACT: The patent for the first indoor shower was granted in 1867.
You Will Need
- A bucket or large bowl
- A bottle of white vinegar
- An old toothbrush
- A toothpick