- Step 1: Pick a spot Pick a clear spot in the snow as tall as your body and as wide as your outstretched arms.
- TIP: Fresh powder works best—make a snow angel right after a storm, when the snow is untouched.
- Step 2: Fall backward Carefully fall backward onto the snow with your arms outstretched.
- Step 3: Move your arms and legs Move your arms and legs back and forth, like you’re doing jumping jacks.
- Step 4: Press your head Press your head back enough to make a clear indentation.
- Step 5: Get up Get up carefully so you don’t wreck your masterpiece. For best results, have a friend help you up.
- FACT: In 2002, 1,791 people in Bismarck, North Dakota, made snow angels on the state capitol grounds.
You Will Need
- Waterproof clothes
- A hat
- And gloves or mittens
- A friend