- Step 1: Get the right cable Make sure you have the right iPod A/V cable. It should have an iPod dock connector, and RCA connectors for your TV.
- Step 2: Hook dock connector to iPod Hook up the dock connector to your iPod.
- Step 3: Plug adapter into wall Put the USB connector in the power adapter, and plug the adapter into the wall.You can skip this step if you want to use battery power.
- Step 4: Set iPod to "TV Out" Set your iPod to 'TV Out.'
- Step 5: Find RCA inputs Find the RCA inputs on the back of your TV.
- TIP: If your TV doesn’t have the right inputs, it may be time to get a new TV.
- Step 6: Connect AV connectors to TV Connect the AV connectors to your TV.
- Step 7: Set your TV Set your TV to the corresponding input.
- Step 8: Play video Play the video on your iPod—it will show up on your TV.Ahhh, no more squinting at that tiny screen—welcome back to the future.
- FACT: The first portable TV was released by Sony in 1961; it was highly unreliable and was quickly discontinued.
You Will Need
- A iPod that plays video
- An iPod A/V cable
- A TV