- Step 1: Prep your drinks In separate containers, pour one batch each of your favorite red, clear, and blue powdered or premixed drinks or juices.
- Step 2: Start with red Fill your popsicle molds a third of the way full with the red liquid. Freeze the molds for a couple of hours, until the liquid is just solid enough to support a popsicle stick. Push a stick in the center of each mold, and refreeze until the liquid fully sets.
- TIP: Small paper cups will also work instead of popsicle molds.
- Step 3: Layer in clear Remove your molds from the freezer, and pour in enough clear drink to fill them two-thirds of the way. Pop them back into the freezer for a few hours until these white layers are firm.
- TIP: For a very white layer, use whipped topping or diluted coconut milk instead of a clear drink.
- Step 4: Finish with blue Take your molds out of the freezer, fill them the rest of the way with your blue liquid, and freeze until solid. Enjoy your treats on the Fourth of July—or any hot summer day!
- FACT: Because of additives that lower its freezing point, Gatorade takes longer to freeze than water.
You Will Need
- and blue powdered drinks or juices
- A freezer
- A popsicle mold
- Popsicle sticks
- Paper cups
- Whipped topping or coconut milk