- Step 1: Investigate the pretty people’s plans Investigate the prom plans of your school’s beautiful people. They are sometimes the last people to be asked because everyone assumes they already have a date.
- Step 2: Keep up with the gossip Keep up with the gossip so you’ll hear of any pre-prom breakups and be able to swoop in before anyone else does.
- Step 3: Set your sights younger Set your sights younger. Sophomores and juniors are often so thrilled to be asked to a senior prom that they’re not picky about who they go with. No offense.
- Step 4: Hang out someplace new Hang out someplace new so you’ll meet people outside your usual social circle.
- TIP: Attend your school’s sports events so you can meet students from rival schools.
- Step 5: Involve your siblings Get a sibling to help. They may know someone who’d love to go with you—or at the very least will do it as a favor.
- Step 6: Enlist your BFF Have your BFF lean on their prom date to cough someone up for you.
- Step 7: Do volunteer work Consider taking a volunteer job. You’ll meet new people and you’ll have karma going for you.
- FACT: Sixty-seven percent of teens rent a limo for their prom.
You Will Need
- An open mind
- Pride to swallow