- Step 1: Go where the men are Go where the men are: not just the obvious spots like electronics stores, muscle gyms, steak houses, and sports bars after a big game. Take part in a political rally; join a rock-climbing center; visit a musical-instrument shop; spend time at a driving range; and sign up for improv classes.
- Step 2: Ditch your guy friends Separate from your male friends when you go to a party or bar. Men are far less likely to approach a woman who is hanging out with a bunch of guys.
- Step 3: Buy a round Have your eye on a guy? Buy him a drink or three. As people consume alcohol, their brains become less able to distinguish nonsymmetrical patterns. And because human beings are attracted to facial symmetry, that's good news for the majority of us with imperfect faces.
- TIP: Packing on a few extra pounds? Hang out in dive bars at happy hour. Studies show that when men are poor and hungry, they find plumper women more pleasing than thin women.
- Step 4: Don't hibernate Don't hibernate in cold weather – go out and show a little skin in a low-cut or sleeveless top. Men find women's bodies more attractive in the dead of winter, possibly because they've been deprived of seeing bikini-clad cuties for months.
- Step 5: Be that lady in red Wear red when you're out on the prowl. Men are more inclined to ask out a lady in red, spend more money on the date, and want to take her to bed.
- Step 6: Make the first move Next time you see an attractive guy, smile and ask him for the time. If he's interested, he'll find a reason to continue the conversation. If not, you haven't embarrassed yourself.
- Step 7: Be a night owl Shift your timing. Guys often go out for the evening on the later side, so stick around parties and nightclubs until at least 11:00 PM. Night owls get more dates!
- FACT: San Jose, California; Salt Lake City; Arlington, Texas; Raleigh, North Carolina; and San Francisco are the five best cities to meet single men over 35, according to a survey.
You Will Need
- Male-dominated locations
- A willingness to venture out in cold weather
- Red clothing
- Late nights
- A dive bar