- Step 1: Dilute cleaning detergent Dilute a tiny amount of the mild cleaning detergent into one of the buckets of water.
- TIP: Never use acidic detergents on marble surfaces -- it will dull and destroy them.
- Step 2: Soak sponge & wring out Soak the sponge in the detergent water and wring it out until it's merely damp.
- Step 3: Sponge marble floor Sponge the marble floor clean in steady, arching motions. For stubborn stains, scrub vigorously with a soft-bristled brush.
- TIP: Always wipe up spills immediately to protect the marble from permanent damage.
- Step 4: Rinse cleaned area Rinse the cleaned area with warm water from the other bucket.
- Step 5: Dry with towels Immediately dry the surface with soft, dry towels.
- FACT: Donald Trump's $42 million Palm Beach estate includes a ballroom with 11,000 square feet of marble floors -- and, hopefully, a full-time marble floor cleaner.
You Will Need
- A mild
- neutral liquid detergent
- Two buckets of warm water
- A large sponge
- A soft-bristled brush
- And soft
- dry towels