- Step 1: Iron the napkin Iron the napkin.
- TIP: For an especially crisp look, use starch.
- Step 2: Make a triangle Lay the napkin flat, facedown. Fold it in half to form a triangle.
- Step 3: Fold corners and sides Fold the right and left corners over so they meet in the middle. Then fold the sides over until the meet in the middle again.
- Step 4: Bring up the rear Fold the bottom up so you have a rectangle at the bottom and a triangle at the top.
- Step 5: Fold the flap Fold both pieces of the triangular flap down over the rectangle. Voila! An envelope.
- FACT: The idea of napkins began in ancient Greece with the Spartans, who put lumps of raw dough on the dinner table so diners could wipe their fingers on it.
You Will Need
- A cloth napkin
- An iron