- Step 1: Starch the napkin Iron the napkin with starch.
- Step 2: Fold into quarters Lay the napkin facedown. Fold it into quarters and position it so the four open flaps are at the top right.
- Step 3: Roll down layers Roll the top-most layer of napkin diagonally down until it reaches the center of the napkin, and crease.
- Step 4: Repeat Repeat with the next two layers, rolling them down until they meet the previous roll.
- TIP: Iron the creases for sharper edges.
- Step 5: Flip it over Flip the napkin over so the closed side is on the right. Fold the closed side back about one-third of the way, and then fold the open side back on top of the first fold.
- Step 6: Insert utensils Turn the napkin over again and insert utensils into the pouch.
- FACT: In ancient Rome, the main purpose of the napkin was to blot one's brow during meals eaten in the hot sun.
You Will Need
- A cloth napkin
- An iron