- Step 1: Iron the napkin Iron the napkin.
- TIP: For an especially crisp look, use starch.
- Step 2: Fold in half Fold the napkin in half diagonally and then shift it so that the long side is on the left.
- Step 3: Pull corner down Take the top corner and pull it down toward you, to the right of the bottom tip, until the two tips are about four inches apart.
- Step 4: Fold again Fold the top-most point over until you have three even sections.
- Step 5: Drape Drape the finished product over the dinner plate.
- FACT: In ancient Rome, the main purpose of the napkin was to wipe one’s brow during meals eaten in the hot sun.
You Will Need
- A cloth napkin
- An iron