- Step 1: Spread scarf Spread your scarf on a flat surface so that it is in the shape of a diamond.
- Step 2: Bring bottom point up Bring the bottom point up toward the top point, placing it a little past the midpoint of the scarf.
- Step 3: Bring top point down Now bring the top point down to the straight, closed end of the scarf.
- Step 4: Fold bottom edge Fold the bottom edge over so that it is directly in line with the scarf points on the left and right.
- Step 5: Fold top edge down Now fold the top edge down to the newly formed bottom edge.
- Step 6: Fold entire scarf Fold the entire scarf again, lengthwise.
- Step 7: Twist scarf Hold the scarf with both hands, leaving a few inches of material dangling at each side, begin loosely twisting the scarf, working your way out towards the loose ends of the scarf.
- TIP: Don't twist the scarf too tightly or it won't look right.
- Step 8: Loop around neck Holding the scarf in front of your neck, bring the ends to the back of your neck and loop around back to the front, making sure the sections lay adjacent to one another, not on top.
- Step 9: Twist & knot Add a few more twists to each end, bring to the back, and knot them.
- Step 10: Tuck loose ends Tuck the loose ends into the scarf.
- FACT: American Idol winner Carrie Underwood wore a $975,000 scarf made of pure 24K spun gold during one performance on the hit show.
You Will Need
- A square scarf
- A flat surface