- Step 1: Pour brandy, liqueur, and lemon juice in shaker Pour the brandy, orange liqueur, and freshly squeezed lemon juice into a cocktail shaker.
- Step 2: Add ice and shake Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and shake it about twenty times to mix your drink.
- TIP: Don’t over-shake your drink. Too much shaking will cause the ice to melt and can give you a more diluted drink.
- Step 3: Strain into a cocktail glass Strain the mixed drink from the shaker into a cocktail glass.
- TIP: To add extra sweetness and enhance the presentation, run a lemon wedge around the rim of your glass and dip the rim in superfine sugar before pouring your drink.
- Step 4: Garnish with a lemon wedge and serve Garnish the filled cocktail glass with a lemon wedge, and enjoy!
- FACT: It's thought that the sidecar was created in Paris during World War I for an American soldier who traveled to the bar from the front lines of battle in the sidecar of a motorcycle.
You Will Need
- 2 oz. brandy
- 1 oz. orange liqueur
- 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- A cocktail shaker
- A cocktail glass
- A lemon wedge
- 2 tbsp. superfine sugar