- Step 1: Fill glass with ice Fill the beverage glass with either crushed or cubed ice, depending on your preference.
- Step 2: Pour the soda and ale Next, pour the soda and ginger ale into the glass, leaving some room at the top.
- TIP: You can mix a simpler variety of this drink by doubling the lemon-lime soda content and skipping the ginger ale.
- Step 3: Add grenadine and stir Add the grenadine, stirring well to disperse the syrup evenly.
- TIP: If you stir too forcefully, you’ll make the soda foamy and increase the amount of melted ice. Instead, stir slowly and smoothly.
- Step 4: Add garnish and serve Garnish with 1 or 2 (or 10!) maraschino cherries and serve with a straw. You might consider extra cherries to celebrate a child’s accomplishment!
- FACT: Shirley Temple led the box office in popularity from 1936 to 1939. As an adult, she served as an ambassador to Ghana and the former Czechoslovakia.
You Will Need
- An 8-ounce glass
- 3 oz. lemon-lime soda
- 3 oz. ginger ale
- 2 to 3 tsp. grenadine syrup
- A stirrer
- A straw
- Maraschino cherries