- Step 1: Make gift boxes Turn them into gift boxes. Paper rolls are great for holding small items, plus they’ll keep the recipient guessing as to what’s inside the tube-shaped box.
- Step 2: Make fire starters Make fire starters by stuffing them with other leftover paper goods like used tissues and napkins.
- TIP: Cut the cardboard into strips and use it as kindling.
- Step 3: Create curlers Create hair curlers. Just cut the rolls into two-inch sections.
- Step 4: Control electrical cords Neaten up those unsightly tangles of electrical cord by folding the cord and feeding it into an empty paper tube.
- Step 5: Tuck them inside boots Keep empty boots from flopping over and creating creases by tucking a few paper towel tubes inside them.
- Step 6: Protect documents Protect important documents by rolling them up and tucking them inside a paper roll before storing them someplace safe.
- Step 7: Improve hangers Improve pants hangers by cutting a paper towel tube in half lengthwise and taping it on a hanger. Voila! No ugly hanger crease.
- Step 8: Build a log cabin Save paper towel rolls for a rainy day and then challenge your kids to build a beautiful log cabin out of them.
- TIP: Notch the ends of the rolls and they can attach to each other like wooden logs.
- Step 9: Make Christmas crackers Make Christmas crackers by tying small toys and/or candy with string. Leave string hanging out the end of the tube, cover it with holiday paper, and twist each end. Pull on the string and the surprise pops out!
- FACT: More than half a million trees could be saved if everyone in the U.S. replaced just one roll of regular paper towels with a recycled brand.
You Will Need
- Empty paper rolls